Monday, December 2, 2013

my 2nd marathon

I actually did go through with it yesterday.

The weather forecasts of heavy rain were wrong. We ended up with (almost) my favorite running conditions (I prefer my winds a bit less than 25 mph, but really, I was so lucky and am not complaining.)

Since it was not sweltering, red-flag heat, and since I ran a lot more in training, I was able to knock 30+ minutes off of my first marathon time.

proof it really did happen, though it kind of feels like a dream now

My husband ran it too (his first, at age 44) and finished in 3:48.  So proud of him - not just his time, but that he actually followed a training plan, fueled and hydrated during the race, and that he didn't push too hard (like he can) and have an asthma attack or something.

I just loved the race and the course so much that I might actually write a recap post tomorrow (2 posts in a week?!)

Well, maybe in a few days. Right now I am focusing on walking up and down stairs, re-hydrating (woke up feeling a bit hung over-ish), and finally decorating the Christmas tree that we cut down on Friday and is just standing naked in our living room. 


P.S. The marathon is my favorite. I wonder how many more my old, weak body can handle?



12 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait for your recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the encouragement leading up to it (while I was whining)!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. I was thinking of you and our RnR run. I also had to use your husband's story of that day to scare mine into making sure to eat and hydrate :)

      Delete
  3. You killed it!!! That is an amazing time, I only hope to see something like that again. Congratulations to both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Sorry I missed you at the finish - thought after seeing the pic they snapped of me right after, it was probably a good thing. eeek.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations..what a great PR! I have been wondering how your race went...can't wait to read the recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Now the pressure is on to write that thing.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks. It actually made me update my "running" page (for the first time in over a year).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...